Pondicherry Science Forum describes itself as “a non profit, public-interest organization” which is based in Puducherry, India. It works primarily on issues related to science policy and science popularization.
Founded in 1985 by a group of Professionals, Teachers, Govt. employees. Main Objectives: Taking Science to the People. Extensive work on Science Education, Science Communication, Making science pedagogy interesting and fun.
The PSF’s work is organized into three wings – Development, Science Communication and Women’s Empowerment and to carry these tasks out effectively it has build two more institutional structures – the Centre for Ecology & Rural Development (CERD) and the Samam Makalir Suyasarbu Iyakkam (Samam).
1. To popularize science and to promote scientific temper among people
2. To eradicate obscurantist, superstitious and paranormal and mystical practices from people by means of popularization of science
3. To understand the scientific basis behind several of the problems faced by the people and to explore remedial solutions for the same
4. To facilitate the fruits of science which are otherwise confined to the rich to reach the underprivileged also
5. To encourage quest for knowledge and to strive for national integrity, self reliance, world peace, social progress and cultural vibrancy
6. To encourage research in divergent areas with people’s welfare as the prime motto
7. To design programmes suitable to realize the objectives set as above